8/6/14

home reveal round 1 - kitchen + dining

i'm so excited to share a few rooms today from our home we finished building in the spring. 
i have to tell you that after months of framing, sheet rocking, painting, laying floors, installing cabinets, i was a little bit over home improvement projects. decorating the inside felt a little overwhelming :) so we took the start to summer a little slow and have taken our sweet time adding personal touches to these rooms. they are far from finished, but i'm so glad to get to share with you where they're at now. 

but friends, before I post these photos,  I just want to share this little disclaimer to make sure we're all on the same page:

this is not about what I have that you don't. this is not about the light from my windows making you feel like your house is dull and grey. what you see here is a nice camera lens and a decent editing program and all my laundry and dirty dishes moved out of the room and out of the frame. 
it's taken me 3 months to accept that my house won't ever look perfect enough to feel like putting on display and perfect has never been my goal. this is the home we've spent 5 years dreaming about, 2 years designing and 9 months building. it's our perfect. but, it's also very imperfect. my doors still aren't painted and those high windows have never been cleaned. you can't feel sticky under your feet through a photo so I didn't bother mopping. 

for the sake of your heart and mine, if design and decor make you happy and inspired, I can't wait to share our space with you! but if you're in a season of battling contempt, skip these posts. I love you. and my heart is not to stumble yours. come visit any day of the week and see my life for what it really is. covered in breakfast dishes at bedtime and wet, smelly laundry getting restarted for the third time. my life is tough just like yours. 
some days it feels out of reach and I get weary, but I choose to choose the joy. 

so, with that said. enjoy :)


if you have any questions or would like information on something I didn't link to, please let me know in the comment section or shoot me an email! this was such an incredible experience, I'd love to share any resources or helpful tips you need. the rest of the room reveals are headed here soon! 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Takes me back to when we built our house and started decorating! A year of designing, 2 years of building and almost 10 years later since we moved in and I'm still tweaking things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know what material & color the flooring is & are your counters butcher block? Everything looks gorgeous & I loved your opening statement. I don't know you but I can tell you're a friend I'd love to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! oh you are so sweet. thank you for your comment! come find me over on instagram so we can be actual friends! yes :) our countertops are Ikea butcher block. there is a direct link to them under the second to last photo! and I just added a direct link to our flooring under the very first photo. hope that helps! please let me know if you have any other questions! <3

      Delete
    2. I'm such a nerd, sorry for not noticing that link to the countertops! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm following you on IG (found you through Freshly Picked...I'm mocc obsessed!) and I'm just now catching up on your blog. Such a beautiful family & you have a soul that radiates light & God's goodness. XoXo

      Delete
  3. this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly so proud of you sweet friend. You have lovingly made this house into your home with pops of colour that compliment your soft yet playful soul. You and Jake have done a magnificent job crafting each and every corner stone and I could not imagine a better place for Zoey girl to grow up in. I have throughly enjoyed watching your blueprints turn into your little slice of heaven on earth. Well done friend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holy moly! you sure know how to leave a comment! excuse me while I tear up. love you friend! so special having women like you along for the ride from the beginning! makes sharing in the end result that much sweeter. wish I could just hug you already!! xo

      Delete
  5. You are brave + your opening schpill leaves me wanting to give you a standing ovation. You are real, you are raw + you are unapologetically YOU! I love that about you! I LOVE YOUR HOME!!!!! It is happiness + it is you! Now, when we build ours, can you come hold my hand?? I promise to pay you in raspberry lemonade + sour patch kids! :) xx

    ReplyDelete




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...